Decorating For Christmas? Don’t Forget the Garage Door!
When you think of Christmas decorations, what comes to mind? Beautifully trimmed and lit trees? Stunning light displays? Cute reindeer ornaments? Sure, and these are all great ways to decorate for that festive feel! But what about the blank canvas at the front of your home— the garage door? Don’t leave it lonely and dull when you can turn it into the jewel in your home’s Christmas decoration crown with a stunning banner, personalized any way you like!
This blog shows the way you can adorn your garage door with a customized banner to make it the center of attention. For more ideas or information, contact our friendly and helpful team at DoorPOP today!
Miles and Miles of Styles
We all have our personal styles, and so do our homes. Whether yours is a Colonial, Craftsman, or Californian bungalow, there’s a style of banner that will suit your home and its individuality.
You can’t go wrong with a classic Christmas scene! Share your festive spirit by incorporating a Nativity image into your banner, or turn your garage into a Santa’s workshop scene. Whether Santa’s reading a story to children, flying above town delivering presents on his sleigh, or waving at passers-by, there’s no mistaking you for a Scrooge with a classic Christmas banner.
Embrace your elegance with a simple design that displays a classic message. Add imagery of chic snowflakes or mistletoe, wrap it with a bow, and sign off with your surname! Or keep your identity a mystery while still displaying a friendly and neighborly message. You can choose a color that will blend in with the façade to make your sophisticated design stand out, or make it vivid with a bright red or blue— it’s up to you!
Welcome your guests with a wintery wonderland scene starring your family! Turn everybody into an elf by adding your family’s faces onto Christmas scenes sure to delight your neighbors. Turn your dog into Rudolph and have him lead your family’s sleigh, or dress everybody up as snowmen having a snowball fight. After all, Christmas is about joy, and there’s no better way to spread joy than by bringing everybody together for a laugh!
Cute cartoons are always a big hit with the little kids, and let’s be honest, with the rest of us too. Who doesn’t love a squishy-looking reindeer with a glowing red nose, smiling happily as snow falls around him? Dress a gingerbread man, give a Christmas tree a cute little face, and put a scarf on that cuddly polar bear. Plus, this is your one and only chance to put a sweater on a chipmunk, and nobody could turn that opportunity down.
You Want Sizes? We Got ‘Em!
If you’re concerned your garage door is too big or too small for a standard banner? Whatever its size, at DoorPOP we make our banners to suit several different sized doors.
To measure your garage door, grab a measuring tape, a helpful friend or family member, and a step stool if needed.
- Measure the door’s height from inside the garage, from the bottom to the top.
- Measure the width from outside the garage, from one side of the door to the other. Measure from the vinyl trim connected to the weather stripping on both sides.
That’s all there is to it! Write down your measurements and head back to our website armed with your numbers and your creative ideas.
When your beautiful banner arrives, it’s just as simple to install your artwork.
Single and Double Garage Door Installation
For both single and double garage doors, bring back your trusty assistant and step stool, and grab a Philips head screwdriver.
- Roll out the banner, face-up.
- Using the pre-cut holes at the top of the banner, attach the hanging hardware with a top clamp connector, two nuts and screws, and the top clamp.
- Place the top clamp connector over the pre-drilled holes and insert the screws.
- Insert the nuts into the top clamp.
- Align the nuts to the screws and lightly tighten.
- Using your Philips screwdriver, finish tightening the screws into place.
- Repeat steps 2-6 for remaining clamps.
- Turn off the power to your garage door.
- Lift the garage door 6-12 inches and place a solid item under the door to keep it propped up.
- Lift the banner up and under the garage door vinyl trim. Installation is easier with two people, but can definitely be done by yourself.
- Place the top clamp over the top of the garage door.
- Repeat for the remaining top clamps.
- Connect the bottom of the banner to the bottom of the garage door. Using the tension clamps, insert one of the bottom pre-drilled holes over the hook on the clamp.
- Extend the tension clamp and slide it underneath the bottom of the garage door.
- Repeat for the remaining bottom tension clamps.
- Inside the garage, lift up the door and remove the sold items propping the door up.
- Allow the garage door to shut, and turn the power back on.
Customize All You Like
No two households look alike, so why should your garage door banners? Customize away! You can personalize your Christmas garage door banner in just about any way you can imagine. Even if you’re not interested in turning your family into snowmen or Christmas trees, there’s still plenty of ways to stand out.
Choose the message you’d like to display, and make it your own by choosing your own font and color. Make it as big as you like, so everybody driving past knows you’re wishing them a happy holiday season! Your image can be as simplistic or detailed as you like, featuring all types of Christmas scenes with people, pets, or simply patterns, colors, and objects.
Ready to Get Started on Your Christmas Garage Door Banner?
If you’ve been looking for a way to personalize your Christmas decorations, we hope this article has given you some great ideas! At DoorPOP we can’t wait to help you create your customized Christmas garage door banner. To make your visions come to life, check out our full Christmas collection!